Monday, February 4, 2008

Richmond Update

Carmen is about one week old right now and I am sitting in the dark watching the Superbowl at the wee hours of the morning. It is the only televised NFL game I have witnessed here, and it is only at least three channels. Take your pick, English, French or German.

Our apartment this weekend was very full. We had our first visitor from Kansas, Mindy's dad arrived on Thursday night. My parents, from Cincinnati, arrived on Thursday morning. They helped out a bunch this weekend keeping Mia busy and loved, as well as getting their share of Carmen time. Mindy's dad left on Sunday evening for Denmark on business, but my parents will be here through Feb. 20.

Speaking of visitors, I should post some pictures of visitors we had while in the hospital. These are some of my labmates that came to visit Carmen in the hospital. I won't post all the names, because I would likely spell some of them wrong, but we really loved having all the visits and a chance to give away some of the suikerbonen we made.









I know Mia wasn't held by this many Europeans in her first 2 days, probably not even her whole life time.

No comments: